I've just awoken from the coma the last 10 days have put me in.
That was, without a shadow of a doubt, the most intensive shooting block I have ever done. And I've done Pineapple Dance Studios.
The wonderful Michael Flack kept a running blog, which I'll post soon, but a few thoughts from the week:
- We have an embarrassment of riches in those rushes. Every single cast member brought their A-game and surpassed by a country mile any expectations we may have had.
- I have a tendency to overwrite dialogue, which you only notice on set, but can easily be sliced out before the shoot itself.
- I'll never work with a more dedicated, talented, enthusiastic crew in my life again.
- There was a lotta love flying about that set that week.
- Candle wax down the chest looks a lot seedier than I'd anticipated.
- There's nothing funnier than a baby with a knife in its face.
- Slo-mo is cool, but not the be all and end all.
- Did I mention I love this cast & crew?
- WE MADE A FUCKING MOVIE!!! (not a porn)